Materials research with impact
Get experience and knowledge in advanced research and materials application with this two-year Master of Research (Advanced Materials), and help further scientific knowledge in areas such as:
- Clean and sustainable energy conversion and storage
- Advanced electronic materials and devices
- Polymers, composites and biomaterials
This course will give you hands-on experience with advanced processing technologies and innovative analytical methods used within the Australia Institute of Innovative Materials (AIIM). Based at the Innovation Campus in Wollongong, AIIM is UOW’s purpose-built facility designed to transform multi-functional materials research into commercial reality.
AIIM has complementary expertise in theoretical and experimental materials science as well as engineering, chemistry, physics, electrical engineering and electronics.
AIIM gives students access to industry-leading research organisations:
- The first year of the program covers research training and discipline specific coursework.
- The second year of the program is focused around a major research project and thesis.
- Undergraduate or coursework Masters degree with a weighted average mark of 65 or GPA of 3/4.
- English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (bands 6.0 or greater).
Session Fee: $16,104
Full Course Fee: $64,416
High performing international candidates will receive an International Postgraduate Tuition Award (which pays their tuition fees) for any future studies at UOW.
Exempt for the normal time limit of the course.